Madine Family

8 months old

0

Posted on : 6/14/2010 | By : Joanna

She is 8 months old tomorrow (the 15th). I'm trying to view this time passing as another month closer to her, rather than another month of her life we have missed...I said "trying". :) 

I started my vaccinations last week and still have a bruise from the tetanus one.:( That one really hurt, and I said a bad word at the doctor's office. Not a good sign since I hear the Yellow Fever one is the worst. We should both be done with all of ours in the next couple of weeks.

We don't expect any news about a court dates for any of us two-trippers for two or three weeks. Trying to be patient. I don't have to like it :)

God chose her for us and the agony of waiting that we are enduring is nothing compared to what she has already been through. She is being very well taken care of . We get reports from traveling families that the babies are very loved and are picked up as soon as they cry, which is one of  the reasons we chose Ethiopia
and our agency.
As far as her being chosen for us, I think  left out a few not so coincidental details from her referral post.
1). The date that her birth family signed the relinquishment form was the day we were added to our agency's wait list.
2). I looked back at our calendar to see what we were doing on her birthday. We were attending a candle light vigil at our church honoring the two babies we lost...praying that God would bless us with a child. We came home and called some friends of ours (scheduled a couple of weeks prior) to discuss their recent news that they were perusing domestic adoption. We basically grilled them :) It was our first step in this amazing journey.

Missing "our" baby girl ....

For your listening pleasure: Adele- "Make You Feel my Love"

Comments (0)

Post a Comment