Madine Family

Thank you!

1

Posted on : 7/31/2010 | By : Joanna

Whoo Hoo! Flights for our first trip to Ethiopia are booked!
We were able to use air miles donated to us by my good friend and former roommate and her husband (not sure that they'd want their names to be posted here). That gave us a savings of about 65%...which is freakin' awesome, especially since this trip wasn't required when we started this process.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
It means the world to us to know that so many people are helping us and praying her home. We can't wait to tell you all about her!

I finally completed the crib bumper and skirt. Not bad for not having a  pattern (or much of a plan for that matter) and sort of teaching myself to sew. We don't have a crib yet, so I tried to prop it up on pillows on the sofa. I hope she likes it :) The finish line is in sight for the blanket I'm crocheting.
I also bought her first baby doll. I couldn't resist. African American dolls are hard to come buy, and I was having a hard time finding a soft one that was cute and cuddly. This one is adorable...and I had a gift certificate, so no guilt included.

Comments (1)

That's so great! Congrats! BTW, we flew Ethiopian, too.

Post a Comment