Madine Family

We are home!

5

Posted on : 12/05/2010 | By : Joanna

We are home! The flights home were a marathon, but not quite as terrible as I expected. Maeve is a joy, such a sweetheart and handful. This pic is from our first night together in the hotel in Addis Ababa. She's wearing her "Everyone is Thankful for me" Pj's. I think it will take us about a week just to get adjusted to US time (Maeve is still on Addis time). Then we need to start working on a regular schedule/routine. We have a doctor's appointment later this week to begin sorting out skin and tummy issues. Getting those things under control will certainly make life easier. We're almost through he piles of laundry and haven't even begun to get our pics from the camera to the computer. Mark and I both have sinus colds and very sore throats, adding to the tiredness, but we're hanging in there and trying to sleep when we can. We couldn't be happier! :)

Comments (5)

Welcome home! She is just beautiful. Very happy for you! The first few weeks are a bit of a blur...hopefully you have people around you who can help. Even if it's just to bring you food :-) Hope you feel better soon!

!!!!! She is sooo cute!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Welcome home! I concur with Cami--the first few weeks (actually months for us) were really hard. Rest up and give yourselves lots of grace. She's beautiful. I'm so happy that your wait is FINALLY over!
Sarah
http://trektoethiopia. blogspot(dot)com

so amazing! congratulations from me and Shelley.

So excited to see you're home! After seeing this photo and some on Sharon's site, I think I may have seen your little girl in Durame in mid-June. Please email me if you'd like to see photos. I'm not certain, but I really think it looks like her.... Blessings on you as you settle in. Such blessings to come your way.

osburns5@gmail.com

Post a Comment