Madine Family

One Month as a Mom

1

Posted on : 1/01/2011 | By : Joanna

Well, I actually feel like I've been a mom a lot longer. I was just mothering from a distance before :)...and actually, we took custody of her about five days before we arrived in the US, so it's actually about 5 weeks as a mom, but whatever :)


Here are some things I've learned so far:

  • A long, hot shower is quite the treat. 
  • I will probably always have a snotty tissue in my pocket (not necessarily my snot).
  • One or more of the aforementioned tissues will inevitably end up in the wash, shred into a million pieces and find its way into every sleeve, pant leg, etc.
  • More often than not, tiny greasy finger prints all over my glasses will prevent me from seeing clearly.
  • An inordinate amount of my conversations revolve around the topic of poop.
  • The washing machine or the dish washer are always running.
  • Coffee is a God-send, especially the Ethiopian kind.
  • Good sleep = good baby = happy mommy
  • At any given point, one part (if not more) of my "beauty" routine will have been neglected. (Who am I kidding. If I've had a shower and my teeth are brushed, it's a good day).
  • There is nothing better in this world better than an unsolicited, real hug and kiss from a happy chubby-cheeked little girl.

Comments (1)

And that's what it's all about!!! Talkin' 'bout poop and wiping up snot. Doesn't get better than that. ;)

Post a Comment