Madine Family

My co-workers rock!

0

Posted on : 8/29/2010 | By : Joanna

Friday I hosted a "Lunch & Learn" at work. I provided the lasagna, salad, and a little education about Ethiopia...and my co-workers donated $10 per plate toward donations for us to take when we travel to Ethiopia at the end of September. Everyone loved the opportunity to learn about our soon-to-be daughter's country, despite nearly everyone being brought to tears at the end. :(

Thank you to everyone for your great generosity and your kind words of encouragement. We netted approximately $300 ...and the Charity Committee is donating another $250 on behalf of corporate! We will be so proud to arrive in Addis Ababa with suitcases full of clothes, medications, teaching materials, and toys. (I"ll be posting later about all of the donations we get to take.)


Thanks to Lawrence for the watermelon carving and the heart cake!

Thanks to Phyllis for helping me set up and serve.

Posted by Picasa

Comments (0)

Post a Comment